Emerging Trends in Private Networks for Mining
Mining is one of the most important early sectors for deployment of enterprise-focused mobile networks, with over 100 sites using private, local 4G or 5G networks and many more likely in coming years. It also has some of the most demanding requirements for communications networks of any industry vertical and multiple risk factors, with dynamic and often “unplannable” working environments, and high levels of mechanization – and, increasingly, automation.
This webinar examines the key trends in the sector that are driving adoption of private cellular, especially as an enabler for “Smart Mining” and wider Industry 4.0 capabilities. It addresses:
- Key use-cases for private 4G / 5G networks in mining
- Typical spectrum options for wireless
- Where cellular fits alongside other network technologies
- Network design and planning challenges and considerations
- The impact of broader trends, from decarbonization to geopolitics and worker safety