On 27 July 2020, HM Land Registry started accepting ‘witnessed electronic signatures’. Two days later the first property deeds to be signed electronically were submitted by legal technology business InfoTrack, and The Partnership, a leading property solicitors firm, using DocuSign eSignature. This historic moment is a clear tipping point in the digital transformation for conveyancing.
In this eBook, we’ll take a closer look at:
- The advantages of electronic witnessing and signing
- How DocuSign enabled an industry first during a global pandemic
- Recommended practices for the electric signing and witnessing of HMLR deeds
- Expert insights from leading industry practitioners
- What’s next in electronic witnessing